Recap: Stults Is the Star



Eric Stults stole the spotlight in last night's 5-0 victory over the Chicago White Sox. The 28-year-old hurler pitched his first complete game, allowing a total of only four hits. He also struck out three unlucky batters in his spectacular outing.

The youngster said, "When I was walking into the dugout after the eighth, I looked at the scoreboard and the pitch count. Joe shook my hand and said, `Good job,' and I went and sat down. And Russell was like, `You want to keep going?' I said yeah. So he went up to Joe, asked him if I could keep going. Joe looked at me and I was nodding my head yeah, so he said, `We'll take it one hitter at a time.' "Stults retired the side in order without any issues.

Blake DeWitt also had a significant impact on the outcome of the game. The rookie connected on a double in the bottom of the fourth-inning, sending James Loney and Matt Kemp home. These were his first RBI's since May 31.

0 Comments: