The Los Angeles Dodgers have a comfortable 6-0 lead over the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim heading into the eighth inning of Game One of the Freeway Series. As of this point, it looks as if Chan Ho Park will receive his third win of the 2008 Regular Season. He had a spectacular outing tonight, striking out a total of seven batters in six innings of work. Below are some additional notes on the spectacular game thus far.
- Russell Martin smashed a homerun in the bottom of the first-inning to put the Dodgers on the scoreboard. The catcher has smacked eight homeruns in 2008 thus far. Be sure to send him to New York for the 2008 All-Star Game by clicking this link and voting for him.
- In the bottom of the third-inning, the Dodgers perfected a double-steal. Juan Pierre broke for third-base and Russell Martin hustled over to second-base. Unfortunately, neither runners were able to score during the inning.
- After a throwing error pushed Matt Kemp to third-base in the bottom of the fifth inning, Jeff Kent's sacrifice-flyball brought him home. Then, James Loney hit an RBI-single afterwards to put the Dodgers ahead of the Angels, 3-0.
- Justin Speier relieved Angels' pitcher, Joe Saunders, in the bottom of the sixth-inning. Saunders pitched five innings, surrendering two earned-runs on five hits. He did not look as dominant tonight as he did during his last start against the Dodgers.
- In the top of the seventh-inning, Brian Falkborg came in to replace starter, Chan Ho Park, on the mound. Falkborg went on to pitch a perfect frame, striking out one batter. Although he throws a fair share of balls relative to strikes, he has been a sensational asset to the Dodgers' organization in 2008 thus far.
- Andre Ethier put the Dodgers ahead 6-0 over their cross-town rivals with a monstrous three-run homer in the bottom of the seventh-inning. Luis Maza and Russell Martin came in to score on the play. He now has seven homeruns in 2008 thus far.
- Takashi Saito and Jonathan Broxton pitched perfect innings to finish off the Angels in Game One of the Freeway Series. Game Two is scheduled for later today at 10:10 PM EST. Chad Billingsley will be pitching for the Los Angeles Dodgers against the Angels' Jered Weaver.