First Post!



Welcome to Dodgers Digest. Before I begin filling up this blog with tons of content concerning the Los Angeles Dodgers, I would like to introduce myself and my philosophy about blogging.

Hello, my name is Marc and I am a Dodgers' fan living in New York. The reason that I have pledged allegiance to a baseball organization across the country is because of a former player named Shawn Green. In 2001, when I began following baseball, Green blasted 49 home-runs. Since then, I have developed a love for baseball and the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Blogging is an outlet of expression. Living in New York, a state that is split between the Yankees and the Mets, it is difficult finding someone to listen to my opinions on the Dodgers. Blogging enables me to interact with fans from around the world and share my thoughts on the Dodgers' exciting organization.

Another reason that I love blogs is because they enable me to enhance my writing abilities. As a sophomore in High School, I am always looking for opportunities to strengthen my writing and become a better writer. In fact, my English teacher this past year witnessed a drastic development in my writing abilities thanks to creating a blog.

Blogs are becoming a larger and larger part of our lives. As Cory of MVN explained to me, blogs offer something unique that other news sites do not. Blogs offer exclusive opinions from the fans for their fellow fans.

This is not my first blog. I have been blogging with Major League Baseball since March of 2008. Yet, with four months of experience, I am still a novice in the field. I hope that by maintaining two blogs, I will become more acquainted with the blogosphere.

You're probably wondering why someone like me needs to have two blogs. On my other blog, I feel restricted to write only long articles that are chocked-full of information, facts, and analysis. I sometimes feel as if I'm writing editorials for a newspaper rather than blogging.

Recently, I discovered a division of the blogosphere known as "microblogging." Microblogging, as defined by users on Wikipedia, is "a form of blogging that allows users to write brief text updates and publish them." This branch of the blogosphere has become increasingly popular over the past couple of months.

Dodgers Digest will epitomize microblogging. I will focus on providing the latest news on the Dodgers infused with my opinion in a concise and truncated matter. After all, most users only stay on a blog for about thirty seconds or so. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Lastly, I would like to thank all of my future readers for visiting Dodgers Digest. This blog is truly dedicated to Dodgers' fans. Without them, this entire blog and the Dodgers' organization would not be possible. We need people to fill up those seats in Chavez Ravine!

0 Comments: